• • Handwritten notes from the screen star's stage play "Sex." Mae had written: Sex depends on certain positions. But kissing is good in any position. If a girl closes her eyes when she kisses a guy, he's gotta be nothing to look at. Even so, she should like him for what he is — —rich.
• • Stamped on the bottom on the page "Property of Mae West."
• • Price realized: USD $690.00.
• • On Monday, 22 December 2003 in The N.Y. Times • •
• • Those who read The New York Times on Monday, 22 December 2003 and tried to do the daily crossword puzzle, saw this clue: "Mae West, for one."
• • Overheard in Hollywood • •
• • Emanuel Cohen gave a party in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Gary Cooper. Cohen, you know, is head of Paramount. Everybody from the Paramount studio was there.
• • Frances Drake came with Randy Scott, Mae West with James Timony, Gail Patrick with Lanny Ross, George Raft with Virginia Pine, Toby Wing with Jack Oakie.
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Mae West said: "There are no good girls gone wrong. There are only bad girls found out."
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • An Indiana daily mentioned Mae West.
• • Greeting cards chronicle manners, customs and events How celebrations began • •
• • Personalities who were household words of their times often popped up in Christmas cards. A typical card of 1934 offered five famous faces for the price of one. It showed the Duke of Windsor (then the Prince of Wales), Mussolini, Greta Garbo, Maurice Chevalier — — and Mae West — — all wishing the lucky recipient special seasonal greetings in their own particular style. …
• • Source: Article in The Daily Banner [Greencastle, Indiana]; published on Friday, 22 December 1967
• • The Mae West Blog celebrates its 13th anniversary • •
• • Thank you for reading, sending questions, and posting comments during these past thirteen years. Not long ago, we entertained 3,497 visitors. And we reached a milestone recently when we completed 3,800 blog posts. Wow!• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started thirteen years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 3859th blog post. Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • in 1935 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest
NYC Mae West