Brooklyn's bar-king LeNell, who invented a new cocktail, says the following recipe was inspired by Mae West.
• • • • Mae West Royal Diamond Fizz • • • •
2 oz. goji berry infused bourbon*
.5 oz. Pama pomegranate liquer
1 oz. fresh pink grapefruit juice
• • Shake all ingredients except for sugar and champagne, at first without ice. The mix should emulsify. Add ice, shake again (at least for 30 seconds). Strain into “hot sugar” rimmed glass (rim using a grapefruit slice); top with champagne. Garnish with a couple of bourbon soaked goji berries impaled on a toothpick.
* For the goji infused bourbon: macerate 4 oz. of dried goji berries in a 750 ml bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel 100 Proof Bourbon. Let sit at least overnight.
** For the “hot sugar”: Mix 4 tbsp. granulated sugar, 1/4 tps. Cayenne pepper, and one pinch of cocoa.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •