The Palm Springs headline read: "Busy Gal Is MAE WEST."
• • Mae West has two shows going nightly at the Chi Chi Starlite Room here. On Saturday, she’ll be even busier when she heads for Indian Avenue and Vista Chino and the 2 to 5 p in. groundbreaking ceremonies tor the new Riviera Hotel. Miss West is one of a galaxy of stars scheduled to be at the fete, which is open to the public.
• • Source: Item with photo in Desert Sun; published on Friday, 20 March 1959.
• • Timothy Dalton's Birthday • •
• • Mae West's co-star and screen husband in "Sextette," Timothy Dalton was born in March — — on Thursday, 21 March 1946. He is 70 today. Happy Birthday!
• • On Saturday, 21 March 1936 • •
• • The trade publication Hollywood Reporter followed the back-biting between Will Hays and the film starring Mae West "Klondike Annie." They printed an article about this in their issue dated for Saturday, 21 March 1936.
• • On Sunday, 21 March 1982 • •
• • On Sunday, 21 March 1982, Miss West and her career were the subject of the annual testimonial dinner put on by the Friends of the Libraries at the USC campus in Los Angeles, wrote Jon Tuska in his book "The Complete Films of Mae West."
• • The event was organized by Stanley Musgrove, president of the group, and his co-author George Eells.
• • On Monday, 21 March 2005 • •
• • Talented Tom Tierney, who does the enjoyable series for Dover on celebrity paper dolls, released his beautiful work "Mae West Paper Doll" in paperback on Monday, 21 March 2005.
• • Overheard in Hollywood • •
• • Mae West's peignoir is in the permanent collection of the Frederick's of Hollywood Museum at 6608 Hollywood
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Mae West said: "No slapping, grabbing, or pinching for me — — when I see a man slapping or pinching a woman I'm disgusted. So unnecessary."
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • A London daily mentioned Mae West.
• • Chris Spargo wrote: Ryan, 10, a boy from Muskogee, Oklahoma, with Baptist parents claims he has been reincarnated and was an actor and agent in a past life. He claimed he was Marty Martin, who was in the Mae West film 'Night After Night' and performed on Broadway, after seeing him in a movie still. . . .
• • Chris Spargo wrote: Then, one day, Ryan had a breakthrough when he saw a still from the from the 1932 speakeasy movie "Night After Night" starring George Raft and featuring Mae West. 'That's me,' Ryan told his mother. . . .
• • Source: Article by Chris Spargo for Daily Mail; published on Saturday, 21 March 2015
• • The Mae West Blog celebrates its 11th anniversary • •
• • Thank
you for reading, sending questions, and posting comments during these
past eleven years. The other day we entertained 3,497 visitors. And we
reached a milestone recently when we completed 3,400 blog posts. Wow!
• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started ten years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 3402nd
Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a
newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the
mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and
career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • in 1932 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest
NYC Mae West