MAE WEST worked briefly with a Utah native in her last motion picture.
• • Born in Standardville, Utah in the month of October — — on 15 October 1949 — — Peter Liapis was seen in a movie short in 2007 and two 7-minute comedies in 2010. Actor and screenwriter Peter Liapis has worked on 22 projects since making his cinema debut in "Sextette" ; the 29-year-old hopeful was cast in the minor role of Ronald Cartwright (as Peter Alexander). Peter changes his name so often, it can be hard to keep up with his credits, though.
• • Happy Birthday to Peter, who turns 62 years old today.
• • On 15 October 1901 • •
• • Christiana Brimier was born in Germany in October 1838. When Mae referred to her, she called Mrs. Delker her "rich" grandmother. What does "rich" mean to a little Brooklyn girl? Mae was only eight years old when her maternal grandmother died.
• • Brooklyn transplant Christiana Delker: we pay you tribute today, remembering that you passed from Mae's life on 15 October 1901 when you were 63 years old.
• • On 15 October 1959 • •
• • Mae West got too personal in her "Person to Person" interview with CBS reporter Charles Collingwood, some newsroom censors believed. On 15 October 1959, an article appeared in The Los Angeles Times by TV reporter Cecil Smith: "Mae West Censored from New TV Show."
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Mae West said: "I enjoyed the courtroom as just another stage but not so amusing as Broadway."
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • An article about haunted places mentioned Mae West.
• • Country Living Magazine explained: Menger Hotel — — Once a lavish vacation destination for celebrities as diverse and dynamic as Mae West, Babe Ruth, and Ulysses S. Grant, the Menger Hotel in San Antonio, Texas is now forced to deal with a few guests who, after nearly 100 years, are still not ready to check out.
• • Country Living Magazine added: Teddy Roosevelt, who is said to have recruited many of his “Rough Riders” at the hotel, can be seen in the dark corners of the barroom, waiting to offer a free drink to the next innocent cowboy he hoped to enlist in his brigade of rough-and-tumble soldiers. ...
• • Source: Article: "7 Real-Life Haunted Houses" written by the Country Living Staff; posted on 13 October 2011
• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started seven years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 2084th blog post. Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • 1978 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest