On Saturday 26 September 2009 you'll have a chance to see a snazzy 1930s convertible owned by MAE WEST — — and contribute to a worthy cause.
• • Murphys, California is the home of Ironstone Vineyards, the 20-acre winery that will be hosting their 13th annual day-long Concours d' Elegance vintage car show from 10:00 AM. Automobile awards will be offered in several categories.
• • According to Ironstone Concours Foundation President Gail Kautz, this year's automotive beauty pageant will feature hundreds of classics including a 1935 convertible owned by Mae West; the singular 1937 airomobile built to compete with Volkswagen; one Rolls Royce "shooting brake" (a station wagon), a small number of classic boats, antique motorcycles from the "Let's do the Charleston" interval, the Prohibition Era, and the World War II years.
• • Yearly in September, the Ironstone Concours d’Elegance unfolds on the winery’s manicured lawns, lakeside property nestled in the green-and-golden Sierra foothills. Taking place in California’s notable gold-rush country, the Concours d' Elegance aims to entertain car buffs while it also raises money for 4-H and Future Farmers of America, provides funding for the Calaveras County Fair, offers an endowment for the State Guide Dog Program — — and even grants a $2,000 scholarship for the winner of the State Fair Youth Horse Show and a $5,000 scholarship for the winner of the State Fair Scholarship Program.
• • Mae West — — who never met a dog, a horse, a monkey, or an animal she didn't adore — — would have approved.
• • For details, contact the Ironstone Foundation in Murphys, California — — T. (209) 785-4234.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest