When Miss Polly Rae takes to the stage in Great Britain on Friday 13 March 2009, she will deliver a hearty rendition of classic ballads such as MAE WEST's "A Guy What Takes His Time" [according to her press agent].
• • Known as the Queen of Leicester Square — — a title we presume is a compliment — — Polly Rae claims to be the UK's rising star of burlesque. She performs with her acclaimed troupe known as the "Hurly Burly Girlys" (and, yes, they spelt it like that).
• • If you go to see this winsome cabaret act in the West End, you shall find yourself in the luxurious surroundings of the refurbished Leicester Square Theatre, featuring 400 well-upholstered seats for your bottom. Since Miss Polly Rae is famous for teasing naughty nuances from old favorites, she is certainly carrying the Mae West spirit forward.
• • For more info, contact the Leicester Square Theatre, 6 Leicester Place, London, England.
• • Mae-mavens will recall that on 7 February 1933, the Brooklyn bombshell recorded "A Guy What Takes His Time" (one of her saucy hits from "She Done Him Wrong") for Brunswick Records.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •