Word comes that a MAE WEST sandwich is being served in the heart of Texas.
• • Café at the Gardens is an eatery positioned in a charming setting of live plants. Nearby, you'll see a fountain and a pond with imported goldfish. Located within a nursery, Alldredge Gardens, the café serves luncheons and suppers.
• • The colorful Mae West sandwich has grilled zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, and a breaded chicken breast. Served on grilled focaccia, it is garnished with a southwestern-style mayonnaise. [Focaccia, baked in the hearth, is an Italian flat bread topped with spices and other products.]
• • Alldredge Gardens is here: 3300 Fairgrounds Road, Midland, Texas.
• • Café at the Gardens: T. 432-687-3751.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •