Mae West: Did You Know. . .?
* George Jean Nathan called her “the Statue of Libido”
* John Mason Brown wrote: “Sex is for her a cartoon which she delights in animating”
* Richard Watts, theatre critic, said: “Mae West is one of the legends of our time”
* Truman Capote said: “Mae West is the Big Ben of the hourglass figures”
* In order to honor her prominence and monumental status, Princeton University's scientists designed a magnet in the shape of her torso
* A twin diesel engine was named for her on the Super Chief
* Dakota Indians made her a tribe member as Princess She-Who-Mountains-in-the-Front
* Walt Disney used her image as the source for the character Jenny Wren in his classic “Silly Symphony”  and later as the goldfish Cleo in “Pinocchio”
* Salvador Dali designed a sofa in red silk based on her lips
* During World War II, Royal Air Force fliers called a pneumatic life-jacket “a Mae West”
* On Thursday June 16th, there are only 62 more shopping days until Mae West's birthday on August 17th. You ARE planning to attend her birthday party in midtown Manhattan, aren't you?
- - -