Friday, December 31, 2004

Mae West: Chanteuse & Champagne

"Bubbles don't last in the best of champagne . . ."
~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( )

Pardon Me for Loving & Running - sung by Mae West

Yes it was swell, sure it was great
But I just remembered a subsequent date
It isn't that it wasn't perfectly stunning
But pardon me for loving and running
Mmmm, it was grand, that much is plain
But bubbles don't last in the best of champagne
I like your savoire faire, your manners are cunning
But pardon me for loving and running
I really gotta fly,
I got a hat to buy
I got my nails to be shined
I've got a train to catch,
I've got an egg to hatch
Besides, what's the difference? Can't I change my mind?
Thanks for the tea, crumpets, and ball
And did I say thanks for the use of the hall?
And as we say in French, excuse le pun
Pardon me if I love and run
You men are all alike . . . . [excerpt]

~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( ) ~ ( )

No comments:

Post a Comment